Friday, April 27, 2007

My Mates !! (ahem..room mates and flat mates)

I left home for engineering studies 7 yrs back,….and I still remember how I felt..excited at the prospect of living by myself, sad at the fact that one part of my life…my life at home with my family had come to an end…and dread..of the unknown
Thus started my 2nd phase in life..and the fortune of having met some awesome guys as roommates and flatmates..some as good as family to me now…

Yanku….my 1st roomie in college..was eccentric to say the least..his style of sleeping was a bit different .u see…the first time I saw him sleep ..on his belly, with legs in the air and arms outstretched in front..i assumed it must be some yoga position…or he must be a “bhakt” of Hanumanji …later on..i started charging people entry into the room to watch him sleep ..kidding..but I am sure it would have been a successful business venture..now …Yanku wasn’t his real name…he loved his dog …named Yanku..even had a pic in his cupboard of the German Shep..where you would normally expect to find Pam or Jenna J..anyway..somehow …Yanku …once, his budday fell while he was at home and we all called him at home…much to his( my roomie’s) father’s surprise..everyone was asking for Yanku on the phone…. Can just imagine the expression on his face..wondering why on earth his dog was getting calls from all parts of the country..

Then came KK..roomies made in heaven..that’s what we could be called…same b’day…almost the same height..and the same tastes, project mates, worked in the same company…there have been many 1st’s for us..shared a lot of them together…now now..don't get any naughty thoughts….the tales of KK and his CBZ ..man..we sure do owe a lot to that bike..did'nt we??

Then came my days at IIM..well..we had single rooms..but my Nehbur was sort of like a roomie..He preferred my bed as my room was cleaner than his most of the times…and I preferred his bed b’cos of the big pillow he had..we had our fun times..both insomniacs, gave too hoots to acads….and shared a common passion for AOE..i kicked his ass royally 90 % of the time ..heheh

In between, I had summer training in Bombay and here I shared an apartment with a Tamil Nadu based CA who had a special liking for Tom and Jerry…well..all my notions about him were totally proved wrong after spending 2 months with him…especially..after he discovered the opposite sex at his workplace..his failed movie date and photo shoot left him crushed and dejected…sometimes..i could almost hear him sobbing away silently in the night…but he bounced back..(went on to tame a few wild fillies from Kozhikode during Ashwamedha..) thanks probably to our support and the 2 bananas that he got to eat from the dozen he bought he everyday..the remaining were gobbled down by us…his remaining flat mates.

I consider myself to be lucky in getting awesome flat mates and room mates throughout…making awesome friends…couldn’t have survived these 7 long years without you guys…miss ya all..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too Good Man....I really went bak to our good old hostel days....u know wat i used to think at that time...ki how can someone score so much by reading novels all the time :) heheheh jus tkiddin...but seriously...this guy is amazing...is an allrounder :)

i i said...

you conveniently kept kasturi's name under wraps. for the ignorant, he's the heart-broken mumbai flat-mate :D

Simba said...

Disclaimer

hahah.i never said anything..people can asume wht they want :D...i am nt responsible for any assumptions..i havent taken names..now..hav i?? :P